Fairly Orbital Heavy, But there's Good News From Glen Hansard, Dandy Warhols and Spiritualized
Orbital has been a favorite of mine ever since I found electronic dance music. I loved Duran Duran when I was a kid because of my older sister. Then my brother introduced me to the Smiths and Stone Roses. He and I found electronic music together in the mid-90's (we argue about it to this day, he bought Prodigy after seeing the video for Poison, I bought the Orb after seeing them on the cover of NME for UFOrb).
In 1996, there was no Glastonbury so several of the electronic acts came out to the US to support the new "electronica" movement. I went for the Orb but soon discovered Orbital, Underworld and the Chemical Brothers. Orbital was the big breakout act for me because of Organic and I've seen then a dozen times. One of the highlights of my life was getting to see them at Glastonbury in 1999, a truely amazing experience.
- Glen Hansard announces debut solo album: Rhythm and Repose
- Video: Rodrigo y Gabriela feat. C.U.B.A. – “11:11″
- Mogwai ATP 2000 stream/download (some awesome classic Mogwai right here...)
- Orbital stream new album 'Wonky' in full – listen
- Another classic review from the BBC: Orbital - Orbital 2
- Orbital posted their video for "Wonky". Gotta be honest, this track kinda sucks. (Despite this track being rather crap, the album is otherwise brilliant)
- Progress Report: Spiritualized
- This new track by The Dandy Warhols is pretty decent...
- Echo & The Bunnymen’s Will Sergeant brings ‘My Own Worst Enemy’ art show to L.A.
- Duran Duran to follow South American, European concerts with U.S. tour this August
- The power of a hit song, Gotye is doing SNL and is rescheduling some west coast dates
- Another Video from Lee Ranaldo album, ‘Angles’
- BBC's review of the new Orbital album.
- The Cure’s ‘Entreat Plus’ live album to receive double-vinyl U.S. release on Record Store Day
- Scenester tipped me off to this new band, 2:54. They're pretty good, you should check 'em out.
- The new Cult doesn't sound half bad... They reunited with Bob Rock, the guy who produced Sonic Temple...