Short One Today: Elbow, Banksy, BAD, Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Mogwai, PJ Harvey
February 15, 2011
Mostly Arcade Fire and Radiohead news, since those are some big stories for this week.
- [Audio] Mick Jones explains why he got Big Audio Dynamite back together.
- 'Exit Through The Gift Shop' was nominated for an Oscar. Excellent documentary, you should see it if you haven't.
- Back in 1994 no one knew what the Internet was.
- Remember that Elbow song that was premiered on BBC Radio 1, "Neat Little Rows"? The video for it is now online.
- The BBC review's Mogwai's new album, "Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will".
- Microsoft rips off Arcade Fire. C'mon.
- Speaking of Arcade Fire, I'm eating my words after last week's rant against the Grammies. Arcade Fire won "Album of the Year" which is pretty impressive, you can check out their performance of "Month of May" as well.
- And lots of people are wondering "Who is this Arcade Fire?"
- Radiohead have a new album out on Saturday. It's not the pay-what-you-want model this time around.
- PJ Harvey streamed a concert in Paris last week. It's now been archived and you can watch the full show. She plays her entire new album, "Let England Shake" plus a couple of classics at the end.
- The Bonnaroo lineup has been released.